Difference Between Metal Roofs & Traditional Roofs
When it comes to roofing, there are a lot of options available on the market. Two of the most popular roofing materials are metal roofing and traditional asphalt shingles. So, which one is the better option? It really depends on your needs and preferences. Here is a comparison of metal roofing vs normal roofs to help you make a decision.
- Metal roofing is more durable than asphalt shingles and can last up to 50 years.
- Metal roofing is recyclable, so it’s a more sustainable option.
- Metal roofing reflects heat, so it can help keep your home cooler in summer months.
- Metal roofing is available in a variety of colors and styles.
- Metal roofing is fire resistant.
- Asphalt shingles are the most common roofing material and are less expensive than metal roofing.
- Asphalt shingles are easy to install, so they are a good option for do-it-yourselfers.
- Asphalt shingles come in a variety of colors and styles.
- Asphalt shingles are not as durable as metal roofing and typically last 20-30 years.
- Asphalt shingles are not fire resistant.
So, there you have it! A comparison of metal roofing vs normal roofs. Both have their pros and cons, so it really depends on your needs and preferences. If you need a roof that is durable, fire resistant and reflects heat, then metal roofing may be the better option for you. However, if you’re looking for an easy-to-install roof that is less expensive, then asphalt shingles may be the way to go. Whichever roofing material you choose, make sure to do your research and hire a reputable contractor to install it.
Why Choose Wando Roofing For Your Roof Replacement In Charleston
Wando Roofing specializes in roof replacement & installation, roof repair & metal roofing in Charleston, SC. Looking for a roofing contractor in Charleston? Contact us at (843) 896-3996 to schedule an estimate!